Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fleas



Fleas are on my mind. Judeau and I both caught ourselves a coat full of the nasty, biting beasts. I can't even remember the last time we've had fleas, and with how annoying they are I am glad for that! For those of you who have been lucky enough to have never dealt with fleas, they are tiny wingless insects found just about everywhere and they feed off warm blood through tiny pinpricks, causing incessant itching. Fleas can be difficult to get rid of because they reproduce very quickly and are able to stay in larvae form for up to a year waiting for a host to feed from before hatching. Also adult fleas can live for a couple of months without feeding, so if you leave on vacation thinking they will be gone by the time you get home, you will be sadly disappointed when you get home and they flock to you. Now that the fleas are officially in our house and pissing Judeau and I off, I have to make sure that my Mom keeps us up to date with our flea treatments and she has to keep cleaning and vacuuming daily until the little bastards are gone. Luckily I know my Mom is on top of it and loves us enough to jump on this issue ASAP. Slowly we are feeling less insane and the crazy itching has been getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment