Monday, January 7, 2013

Game time

I love to play ball. However, I'm super picky about what type of ball I will play with. I only like tennis balls. There's just something about how a fresh can pops when you open it and that stale, compressed air smell that waifs from the can. Then I get the bright yellow, fuzzy ball and it's just so perfect and squishes just right! People have tried to get me to play ball with them using other types of balls, like a half-deflated soccer ball, a baseball, and even those hard rubber ones. In fact my Mommy tried to help make it easier to play ball at night by getting one of the glow-in-the-dark rubber balls, but it just wasn't the same. I refuse to even hold anything but a real tennis ball in my mouth. Sometimes I get squeaky balls, but since they look and feel very much like the fuzzy tennis balls I like them too. To be honest, I'm not really sure why I'm so picky when it comes to which type of ball I will play with. Maybe it's just my stubborn nature or maybe it's that wonderful mouth feel of the fuzzy outside. 




I can play ball for hours. I love the rush of wind flowing all around my body as I sprint to catch the ball and bring it back for another throw. The feeling of pride I get when the neighbor kids are seeing what my all time record is for catching the ball in a simple toss. I've even perfected being able to carry two tennis balls around at the same time to give myself a further challenge to catching them. Maybe one day I will get one of those tennis ball launchers so I can still play when all the humans get tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment